We are now hiring here at Ground Up Builders. Check out our job description here.
Job Description: Crew Member
Perform tasks involving physical labor at residential and commercial building sites. May operate hand and
power tools of all types: earth tampers; generators; concrete saws; measuring equipment; hydraulic pumps and
cylinders; small equipment; and bobcat loaders. May clean and prepare sites; dig trenches, holes and footings;
clean up rubble and debris, and tear out concrete. May assist other craft workers, and take instructions.
Position and secure steel bars in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines and hand tools.
Pour, or pump, concrete into concrete forms and footings and strike top of surface flat.
Place piers and helical's into earth using proper tools of the trade to do so. Also tear-out andremove concrete for drain-tile in and around homes and install proper drainage systems.
- Be on time and ready for work everyday.
- Run equipment or tools to demo or repair concrete.
- Cut, drill, chisel and break concrete for placement of wall plates, helicals, push piers, anchor rods, rebar and
- Cut lumber and steel to desired lengths and size (able to efficiently read a tape measure).
- Drive vehicles under 26,000 gvw (must have DL)
- Load and unload truck and trailers.
Critical Performance Factors: Team Member
- Sense of urgency
- Comprehends and listens efficiently
- Team player
- Gets along well with others (Bad attitudes will be eliminated)
- Flexible and able to change gears at a moment's notice
- Able to fully present during the work hours with no outside distractions, i.e. personal phone calls (exceptions
obviously made during emergencies)
- Honest and forthright character comprehends and listens efficiently
- Good communication skills
- Organized, detailed, and clean up oriented
- Follow dress code and show up to work every day ready to work with appropriate attire and safety PPE